Oct. 26-30 is an exciting week for Indianapolis Public Schools, because It’s IPS Week. For five days, the district will celebrate the students, staff, alumni and community partners who support IPS.
The public can participate in each day in the following ways:
- Monday – Proud to be Public Day. Share ways you’re proud to be public on social media using #IPSProudToBePublic and #IPSWeek to be entered for a chance to win an IPS swag bag.
- Tuesday – Principal Appreciation Day. We encourage families and staff to celebrate their principal and thank them for all they do to support learning and ensure the needs of students and staff are met. Use #IPSWeek when sharing on social media.
- Wednesday – State of the District. Supt. Aleesia Johnson will share some exciting things coming up in the district while marking IPS achievements over the past year. Through a partnership with Circle City Broadcasting, viewers can watch a livestream of this virtual event Wednesday, Oct. 28, at 6 p.m. at myips.org and www.WISHTV.com.
- Thursday – IPS Alumni Day. We encourage IPS alumni to wear their school gear and share their school pride on social media using #IPSProudAlum.
- Friday is a double-header:
- IPS Service Day – This is an opportunity for IPS to share contributions made by community partners and thank them for the support they’ve provided individual schools and the district. We also invite community partners to share their commitment to the district on social media using #IPSServiceDay.
- IPS Hall of Fame Awards – This newly expanded awards program presented by the IPS Foundation, Faegre Drinker and many other sponsors will honor our teacher, principal and staff member of the year, along with outstanding schools, community partners and inspiring alumni. This exciting virtual event will air Friday, Oct. 30, at 7 p.m. and will feature special guests Mayor Joe Hogsett, Colts quarterback Jacoby Brissett, Congressman Andre Carson and many more. To register to watch, visit myips.org/halloffame.
For more information, contact Carrie Cline Black, IPS communications manager, at 317-605-3797.