On Thursday, Nov. 12, the Marion County Public Health Dept. ordered all K-12 schools in the county to return to 100% remote learning on or before Nov. 30 because of the recent surge in COVID-19 positivity rates throughout Marion County.
Current data shows the number of positive COVID cases in the county is increasing at an alarming rate — from 5% in October to now more than 10% (as of Nov. 11).
IPS is committed to following the guidelines set forth by county health medical experts and will be returning to 100% remote learning for all grades, Pre-K-12, starting Monday, Nov. 23, through Monday, Jan. 18.
Note: Monday, Nov. 23 and Tuesday, Nov. 24 will be asynchronous learning days for students.
Please click on the tabs below for more details on IPS services during remote learning.
The IPS Food Service Team will provide multiple days’ worth of prepackaged meals (breakfast and lunch) two days a week for students during remote learning days at multiple locations throughout the district.
Meals are available to any child 18 years of age and younger regardless of enrollment in IPS. Meals will be handed out drive-thru style in parking lots. Drive to the door number listed below.
Meal distribution, which begins the week of Nov. 23, will be held from:
• 8–10 a.m. and 12–3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• On Tuesdays, students will receive three (3) days’ worth of meals.
• On Thursdays, students will receive two (2) days’ worth of meals.
NOTE: Due to the upcoming holidays, there will be no Thursday meal service on November 26, December 24 or December 31. IPS will distribute 5 days’ worth of meals on Tuesday of those weeks.
Meal distribution locations:
• Anna Brochhausen School 88 | 5801 E. 16th St. | Door 6
• Arlington Middle School | 4825 N. Arlington Ave. | Door 8
• Brookside School 54 | 3150 E. 10th St. | Door 8
• Carl Wilde School 79 | 5002 W. 34th St. | Door 11
• Center for Inquiry School 70 | 510 46th St. | Door 7
• Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105 | 8620 Montery Road | Door 5
• Clarence Farrington School 61 |4326 Patricia St. | Door 7
• Cold Spring School | 3650 Cold Spring Road | Door 6
• Christian Park School 82 | 4700 English Ave. | Door 7
• Daniel Webster School 46 | 1450 S. Reisner St. | Door 6
• Eleanor Skillen | 1410 Wade St. | Door 11
• Ernie Pyle School 90 | 3351 W. 18th St. | Door 9
• Francis W. Parker School 56 | 2352 N. Columbia Ave. | Door 1
• George W. Julian School 57 | 5435 E. Washington St. | Door 7
• George Washington Carver School 87 | 2411 Indianapolis Ave. | Door 6
• George Washington High School | 2215 W. Washington St. | Door 2
• Harshman Middle School | 1501 E. 10th St. | Door 6
• IPS | Butler Laboratory School 60 | 3330 N. Pennsylvania St. | Door 6
• James A. Garfield School 31 | 301 Lincoln St. | Door 2
• James Whitcomb Riley | 150 W. 10th St. | Door 8
• Meredith Nicholson School 96 | 3651 N. Kiel Ave. | Door 8
• Paul I. Miller School 114 | 2251 Sloan Ave. | Door 7
• Sankofa School of Success @ Arlington Woods 99 | 5801 E. 30th St. | Door 10
• Sidener Academy for High Ability Students | 2424 Kessler Blvd. | Door 6
• William McKinley School 39 | 1733 Spann Ave. | Door 9
Starting Monday, Nov. 30, families can pick-up a Gleaners Family Meal Box of groceries at the selected schools listed below. Boxes are distributed in a drive-through in the parking lot of each school; drive to the door number listed.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 p.m.:
- Anna Brochhausen School 88 | 5801 E. 16th St. | Door 6
- Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105 | 8620 Montery Road | Door 5
- Christian Park School 82 | 4700 English Ave. | Door 7
- Daniel Webster School 46 | 1450 S. Reisner St. | Door 6
- Eleanor Skillen | 1410 Wade St. | Door 11
- Ernie Pyle School 90 | 3351 W. 18th St. | Door 9
- Francis W. Parker School 56 | 2352 N. Columbia Ave. | Door 1
- James Whitcomb Riley | 150 W. 10th St. | Door 8
- Meredith Nicholson School 96 | 3651 N. Kiel Ave. | Door 8
IPS Learning Hubs will open on Monday, Nov. 30, for students eligible for McKinney Vento services only. Hubs will be located at Ernie Pyle School 90, James Russell Lowell School 51 and Arsenal Technical High School. Eligible families are being contacted with details.
IPS will resume Student Support Network sites — in partnership with local community organizations — to provide both on-site and off-site assistance for families during remote learning days.
These partner-run sites offer a safe and structured place for IPS students to attend when families need a supervised environment for their children during remote learning. Some sites could open as early as Nov. 23, with most opening Nov. 30.
Student Support Network sites in IPS buildings will be open to a limited number of students and will offer a variety of services, including:
- Access to remote learning assistance and training for care providers.
- Small group classroom supervision for students by the partner.
- Meals (breakfast and lunch) provided by the IPS Food Service Team.
Sites will adhere to the CDC and local/state COVID-19 guidelines, including social distancing; daily and frequent cleaning, including high-touch surfaces and areas; and frequent handwashing and hand-sanitizing stations. Masks are also required.
Off-Site Student Support Network Partners opening Nov. 23:
- Irsay Family YMCA- Full Day eLearning Care
430 S. Alabama St.
Indianpolis, IN 46225
- Hawthorne Community Center
2440 W. Ohio St.
Indianapolis, IN 46222
- MLK Community Center
40 W. 40th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208
- Crossroads Academy
4602 N. College Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46205
Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
- Finish Line Boys & Girls Club, 3870 North Post Road, 317-672-3410
- Keenan-Stahl Boys & Girls Club, 1949 East Troy Ave., 317-784-4561
- LeGore Boys & Girls Club, 5228 West Minnesota St., 317-241-0557
- Lilly Boys & Girls Club, 801 South State, 317-632-2010
- Wheeler-Dowe Boys & Girls Club, 2310 East 30th St., 317-926-4222
On-Site Student Support Networks opening Nov. 30:
- Shepherd Community Center at:
Ralph Waldo Emerson 58, 321 North Linwood Ave.
- Edna Martin Christian Center at:
Anna Brochhausen 88, 5801 E. 16th St.
- AYS Liftoff E-Learning at:
-Broad Ripple High School, 1405 Broad Ripple Ave.
-Clarence Farrington School 61, 4326 Patricia St.
This program will focus on providing e-learning and social and emotional support for students in a safe and healthy environment.
Learn more and register today at www.ayskids.org/e-learning!
On-Site Student Support Network opening Dec. 7:
- John H. Boner Community Center at:
-Thomas Gregg 15, 2302 East Michigan St.
-Brookside 54, 3150 East 10th St.
More information on site opening dates, times, locations and registration links will be provided in the coming days.
Some in-person Special Education services will be available at school sites; will be identified through the SPED Case conference.
In-person CTE lab hours will not be required while fully remote.
- Athletics will continue during remote learning. Attendance for events will be limited to two (2) family members per athlete.
- Other extracurriculars are virtual only.
- The IPS Remote Learning Plan (English)
- The IPS Remote Learning Plan (Spanish)
- How to Login to a Chromebook and Navigation (English)
- How to Login to a Chromebook and Navigation (Spanish)
- IPS Remote Learning Student Platforms (English)
- IPS Remote Learning Student Platforms (Spanish)
- IPS iPad (English)
- IPS iPad (Spanish)
- IPS MiFi (English)
- IPS MiFi (Spanish)
- Downloading Apps from the App Portal on an iPad (English)
- Downloading Apps from the App Portal on an iPad (Spanish)