(Posted 3/19/2020) To ensure district students continue to receive healthy meals during school closings, IPS will provide breakfast and lunch to all students Monday–Friday, March 23 through April 3, 2020.
The IPS Food Service team will distribute pre-packaged meals from the parking lot at 14 IPS schools.
Meals will be distributed Monday–Friday from the following locations:
11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Carl Wilde School 79, 5002 W. 34th St. (Meals will be served from the parking lot off of Auburn Road.)
- George Washington High School, 2215 W. Washington St.
- Eleanor Skillen School 34, 1410 Wade St.
- Brookside School 54, 3150 E. 10th St. (Meals will be served from the school parking lot off of North Dearborn Street.)
- Arlington Woods School 99, 5801 30th St.
- James Whitcomb Riley School 43, 150 W. 40th St.
- Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105, 8620 Montery Road
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Northwest Middle School, 5525 West 34th Street
- Matchbook Learning 63, 1163 Belmont Avenue
- Urban Act Academy 14, 1250 East Market Street
- Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School 15, 2302 East Michigan Street
- George Buck 94, 2701 Devon Avenue
- Phalen Leadership Academy at 103, 3920 Baker Drive
- Louis B. Russell 48, 3445 Central Avenue
Meal service is open to all students age 18 and younger, including non-IPS students. Meals are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The IPS food bus, the Bus Stop Cafe, will offer meal service at the following apartment complexes Monday–Friday through April 3:
- Blackburn Terrace, 3091 Baltimore Ave., from 11–11:30 a.m.
- Laurelwood Apartments, 3340 Teakwood Drive, from 12:30–1 p.m.
KIPP Indy, 1740 E. 30th St., is an IPS Innovation school also offering free meals for students age 18 and younger from the school’s parking lot. Breakfast and lunch are served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday–Friday through April 3. Meals are available on a first-come, first-served basis for KIPP Indy and non-KIPP Indy students.
IndyParks is also offering meals in various parks throughout the city. Meal service runs Monday-Friday, with some sites starting at 12 p.m. and some running as late as 5 p.m. For a list of locations and times, click HERE.
For information about additional community resources for food, click HERE.